Today I decided to start a blog that will cover my journey thru the wonderful world of bread baking. I signed up for a class at the culinary dept at Luna cc in bread baking for production... for those who want to bake for a living...or not. Will try to keep track of lessons learned and not learned, fun with my classmates and perhaps the culinary club. And I’m not worrying about making sure words are capitalized correctly...spelled correctly, yes...but if you feel that I’ve not capitalized something correctly..well, that is not my problem. Some days it's just a pain to switch to upper case :) and since Blogger does not have spell check (duh!) I have to copy to Word and run spell check etc.
The class started on January 11th - runs until our final exam on May 3rd. Great instructor who I liked from day one when she said No cell phones in class or lab - no texting, etc. YES!! although I don't understand how anyone serious about this class could really think they could text and work around hot ovens and sharp knives and text too. Maybe I'm just out of touch!
We are using a wonderful book (which the college charges way too much for - had I only known I could get it online I would have done so) published by King Arthur Flour. So far we've not really used it as it covers yeast breads and all we've done to this date is quickbreads.
I will also try to take pictures in class as often as I can without creating any problem. they will be at a link to be included on this page.
Stay tuned...

Linda, I see you have a link to the Saint Paul Bread Club. How did you hear about us.
ReplyDeleteAlso, what's the Luna cc and where is it? I can't tell what state you are in geographically. Thanks.
Hi David - I have Kim Ode's cookbook and that's how I found about about the SPBC... I'm originally from Minnesota and now live in Las Vegas, New Mexico...yes, NM -
ReplyDeleteLuna cc is Luna Community College and I'm taking the bread class offered thru their Culinary Arts Dept.