Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bricks

Ok so the UPS guy showed up with our bread machine. I tried making a plain white bread recipe...medium loaf....quick bake cycle. Acckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk................. it's a brick. Not sure if it was the cycle I chose, the fact that I adjusted for altitude with the yeast, or if the flour was too dry. But the first attempt was hysterical....was threatening to paint the "brick" and put it in the rock garden.
The top of the first loaf...looks pale and like some creature from outer space.

Bottom of the first loaf...browned nicely but you can see how it just sort of whirled around the pan and never "got together".

This afternoon we are trying a Krusteaz bread machine mix and will see what happens. Also using a longer cycle for whole wheat bread and just followed the directions on the package. If that doesn't work I'm not sure what direction to go in....but so far the machine sounds like it's working correctly and we're keeping our fingers crossed.  Stay tuned......

No comments:

Post a Comment