After getting our Quiz and Mid-Term exams back, we proceeded to make both raised and cake doughnuts plus sopapillas. And no one burnt themselves on the hot oil!! I have not made doughnuts for years and am trying to find the doughnut recipe I used to use... so far, no luck. Oh well, probably not a good idea to make doughnuts at home... not really on the diet!! But I might just have to try the sopapillas...maybe in the spring or summer when we can open the windows and doors. They'll be a treat for all our visitors who have never eaten them in Minnesota or Washington or other places as well as those who already know what they are and love them.
We had company for a week and when they got here, the Guinness rye bread was still fresh. It sure didn't last a long time. On one of our "tourist" days we went to Santa Fe so I stocked up on rye flour - actually about the same price as when I buy it at Semilla here in Las Vegas which is good to know.
"Terrible" thing happened last week - I got my latest copy of King Arthur Flour catalog...too many good things in there.
Here are some pictures from today's class - it really was fun! Next week is Spring Break (no we aren't going anywhere although it would be fun to head to someplace warm and sunny with sandy beaches and water!). So the next class is March 22nd. Guess I'll have to bake at home between now and then...
March 8 Class Photos

No comments:
Post a Comment